MTBSkills (T/AS MTBSkills & Forrest Festival), herein known as MTBSkills, reserves the right to alter or amend any of the race conditions up to and including the race date. Participants of the event must comply to the following:
1. Participants must be experienced Mountain Bike Riders. Participants must wear an Australian Standards approved cycling helmet whilst riding a bike at all times during practice and the event.
2. Participants who cannot continue the race must inform the organisers of their decision by contacting the nearest race official
3. Participants acknowledge and are aware of the inherent dangers of Mountain Biking as an activity.
4. Littering of any kind is prohibited. This includes the discarding of gel and energy bar wrappers on the course, at aid stations or in the finish area. Severe race penalties apply to any competitor who litters as well as possible prosecution by local police.
5. All care must be given to the natural environment in which the race is conducted. There is to be no washing of bikes, clothes or yourself in rivers, streams and lakes. Shortcutting or riding off the marked trails is prohibited in the race rules and will be severely dealt with by Race Organisers.
6. All riders must obey instructions given from race organizers in relation to bike washing. This includes but is not limited to using Phytophthora prevention treatments
7. In the event of major environmental concerns, the Race Organisers have the right to cancel, delay or postpone the race
8. All participants must have either a current MTBA license or a valid MTBA Day license.
9. Participants must be in good physical condition and be experienced mountain bike riders. All participants are responsible for their own Personal Accident and Travel Insurance, Medical Insurance and Ambulance cover. All participants must have a valid MTBA racing licence for insurance purposes. Your MTBA licence must be validated/sighted at registration or purchased from the event organisers.
10. MTBSkills reserves the right to cancel any participants continued entry in the event if:
(1).The participant contravenes the race regulations, guidelines and rules that are issued to the participants before or during the race
(2).The participant ignores or disobeys any instructions issued by the Race Organisers or their Staff and Race Officials.
(3).The participant disrupts the event in a negative or dangerous manner or presents a threat to himself/herself or any other person.
11.MTBSkills reserves the right to change, alter or cancel the event at anytime due to weather conditions or other circumstances out of our control.
12.MTBSkills reserves the right to change any team name that conflicts with another team name or is of an offensive or unacceptable nature.
13.MTBSkills accepts no responsibility for the loss or theft of any participant’s personal belongings, valuables or equipment. Participants are advised to have appropriate insurance. Participants are advised not to leave valuables or money in the luggage that is transported by MTBSkills.
14.By registering in the event participants give their consent to the Race Organisers collecting and distributing event related media - such as results, photographs, video images and interviews without any form of remuneration.
15.1 In the event of the event being cancelled at anytime, participants will only be entitled to a credit and or partial credit towards another event run by MTBSkills.
Event cancellations will be notified via email.
15.2 I acknowledge that MTBSkills T/as Forrest Festival reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the event in the event of emergency or other disaster.
15.3 I acknowledge that MTBSkills in its sole discretion may delay, modify or cancel the event if natural or man-made emergencies make administering the event unreasonably difficult or unsafe.
15.4 I agree that “emergency” is defined to mean any event beyond the control of MTBSkills, including but not limited to: high wind, extreme rain or hail, hurricane, tornado, earthquake, flood, acts of terrorism, fire, bush fire (including fire bans), threatened or actual strike, labor difficulty or work stoppage, insurrection, war, public disaster, and unavoidable casualty.
15.5 I further acknowledge that MTBSkills in its sole discretion may also delay, modify or cancel the event if conditions on the day of the event are, in the sole judgment of MTBSkills, in any way unsafe. In the event of a delay, modification, or cancellation of the event as described in these conditions. MTBSkills will also follow any direction issued by a statutory authority and or land manager/owner.
15.6 I understand that should I cancel my participation in the event, I will not be entitled to a refund of my entry fee or any other costs incurred in connection with the event. Partial credits towards other events run by MTBSkills may be offered in such a case. Credit towards another event will not be considered within 8 weeks of the event date.
15.7 I hereby waive, release and forever discharge MTBSkills T/as MTB Events & Forrest Festival and the other Released Parties from any and all claims I may have arising out of my participation in the event. I covenant and agree not to sue MTBSkills T/as MTB Events & Forrest Festival or any of the other Released Parties for any such claims.
1. I, the undersigned participant, being eighteen years of older, or the legal guardian of participant/s under the age of eighteen, in consideration of services rendered by MTBSkills.com.au, do hereby waive on my behalf and that of my heirs, any and all claims, causes of actions, or demands of any kind against MTBSkills.com.au and its employees, volunteers or contractors for any injuries, death, illness or material loss that may occur from participation by myself and those under my legal guardianship in any activities led, guided or instructed by MTBSkills instructors, staff, volunteers and or contractors.
2. I understand that recreational endeavours such as mountain biking are by nature, inherently dangerous and that with this activity come risk of injury or death. I understand and agree that for the duration of the above mentioned tour/clinic/camp/event, I am fully responsible for my health and safety, as well as the health and safety of above mentioned minor(s) under my legal guardianship and I accept and assume all responsibility for injury, death, or property damage arising from participation in this activity. I understand that I will be solely responsible for any costs incurred in relation to any injuries sustained to my person, this includes but not limited to First Aid care, Ambulance costs, medical costs and or other associated costs.
3. My participation in MTBSkills.com.au tours, skills clinics, camps or events is purely voluntary and I elect to do so in spite of the risks. These risks include, but are not limited to, the following dangers: 1. Latent for apparent defects in equipment; 4. Use and operation of equipment; 3. Rugged conditions, primitive trails, rocky ground, cliffs, steep grades, vertical exposure, sharp turns, motor vehicles; 4. Weather conditions creating slippery trails, lightning, and risks of exposure; 5. Illness due to dehydration, heat exhaustion, hypothermia, fatigue, etc.;6. Dangerous wildlife such as bees, wasps, mad magpies, poisonous snakes, the erratic behaviour of kangaroos and wallabies darting onto trails and spiders etc.